I know if I were to list "why" then I would answer something like this.
1) Because I can.
2) I am drawn to places where the land touches the sky.
3) I want to escape the daily rat race.
4) I want to prove to myself that I can do anything I dream to do.
5) I don't like being told that I can't do something.
6) Because my Dad would think it was cool.
7) I want to have an even closer bond with my husband.
8) If Patrick and I can do this... we can do ANYTHING!
9) Because it brings me closer to nature and our Creator, there is no finer artist than Him.
10) 2,200 plus miles of being ME! No social or conventional norms within which I must fit.
11) 2,200 plus miles of exploring within me, my relationship with God.
12) 2,200 plus miles of uninteruppted time with my wonderful husband, to share pain, joy, heartache, triumph, fear, smiles, and our mutual passions.
13) To see what is around the next bend.
14) To see what is over the next hill.
15) To have a greater appreciation for nature and a deeper understanding of how & why to protect it.
16) FREEDOM... because there is no app for that.